24 December, 2011

Wondering How to Make your iPhone's Home Button More Responsive



If you are one of iPhone users, I am pretty sure that you experienced your Home button becoming a little sluggish and a little bit unresponsive over time.  Once I thought that I should change my iPhone or at least I should send my iPhone for service. After following this tips, the issues affecting my iPhone Home button is resolved.

iDownloadBlog shares a very helpful hints and tips to recalibrate your Home button because most of the time the issues are due to software based. Unless you had dropped your iPhone on the floor or in water, this tips will not work for your iPhone.

The following are the steps to recalibrate your iDevice's Home Button

Step 1: Open an application such as "Stocks".

Step 2: Press and hold your power button until "slide to power off" appears and release.

Step 3: Press and hold your Home button until "slide to power off" goes away, and the application "Stocks" are forced to quit.

Then, your iPhones's Home button should be more responsive after the recalibration.

I decided to blog on this useful tips for my own future reference because after applying the recalibration process, my iPhone's Home button becomes more responsive. I think the approach should also work on the iPad and iPod touch. Please let me know if this tip is working for you in the comments below.

This is a feedback I received from a friend where If you are using iOS 5.0.1, this is what you should do, go setting > general > accessibility > assistive touch > on, and then an assistive button will appear on screen ( in form of white full moon ) - then can start using the on-screen button instead of the normal home button. There are several more interesting application under the assistive mode that can give you peace of mind while using your iDevices. This is even recommended if you want to prolong the life of your Home button from physical abused or if your Home button always nonresponsive even after recalibration.

No comments: