28 February, 2010

Outliers

Outliers is defined as a statistical observation that is markedly different in value from the others of the sample.

In statistic, outliers should not be considered in data analysis.

Well, this entry is not about statistical analysis but about a book titled "Outliers" written by Malcolm Gladwell.

I just finished reading the book. This book discusses on why certain people are extraordinary and what make them so successful.

Briefly, this book enlighten us on the knowledge of the existence of extraordinary and successful people and unravelling the logic behind their success.

2 comments:

Kay said...

I throughly enjoyed that book as well, if you haven't yet, you should pick up his other books.

Unknown said...

Hi Kay, now I am reading the book "The Tipping Point". I should have read this book first before I finish reading "Outliers".