View of the almost completed waterfront in Sri Aman, Sarawak. The waterfront is on the riverbank of the Batang Lupar River which is famous for its tidal bore.
Once completed, the waterfront will serve several purposes.
- One is to strengthen the riverbank from further erosion.
- Another is to beautify the riverbank.
- Third is to allow people to view the tidal bore phenomena closely at the waterfront.
- The last use of the waterfront is as venue for the annual boat race held in Sri Aman.
- Of course, there will be a lot of other uses of the waterfront and if you have a good idea please feel free to chip in the comment below.