One possible solution to the problem is by running a community-based childcare center. The characteristics of the center should be as follows:
- Employers need to have a special unit to supervise it so that everything is in order.
- Ensure that all of the conditions are being met such as building standards, security, the children’s curriculum and nutrition, and the child-minder’s skills.
- Ensure on time payment of rent, workers' wages, and other operational costs.
- Due to the prohibitive costs as listed under items 1 to 3, each center should be shared and managed by several companies instead of having the centers in each organization.
- In order to achieve item 4, the facilities should be located near the participating companies or organizations so that the mother can visit their children during lunch break or other convenient time without jeopardizing their job responsibility.
I am not sure whether the idea can be implemented at very small community areas. However, for the small community sites, the working mother can easily visit their children since their work place may be just a walking distance from their home.